The Parish of St. Josaphat Cathedral continues to thrive and flourish, due to a large degree to its parish organizations. This vibrant church community utilizes these organizations to coordinate religious functions, cultural activities and fundraising efforts. Get involved in one of our organizations today!
Our purpose and objective is devotion to our Lord Jesus Christ through the imitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Code of the Children of Mary:
- Be Prayerful
- Be Attentive
- Be Obedient
- Be an Apostle of Mary
We welcome all children 7 to 12 years of age
We Meet: at the 8:30 & 10:30 Sunday Liturgies as well as some Saturdays (call for dates)
Phone 780.422.3181 for more information.
“Serving in the Kingdom of God”
- are young boys aged 7 and older
- assist the clergy at the Divine Liturgy
- take part in special holiday services
We also learn about:
- the meaning of the Divine Liturgy and priestly vestments
- the history of our Ukrainian Catholic Church
We meet: to be determined
Contact Fr. Peter Babej at 993.8037 for more information.
St. Josaphat’s Apostleship of Prayer
Apostleship of Prayer is a group of parishioners who have committed themselves to prayer intercessions for our community members who need spiritual support..
Through weekly emails or in an emergency basis, we pray daily upon rising with the Prayer of Surrender, Morning Offering, Special Prayers and at every Divine Liturgy your prayers are remembered in silence by the Clergy.
When joining your confidentiality is strictly maintained and there are no meetings to attend.
Click here if you need to send a Prayer Request or Intention.
St. Josaphat’s Choir
“Sing to our God, sing; sing to our King, sing” (Ps.47:6)
Choir Conductor: Denise Lucyshyn
Contact: email@example.com (780-466-1448)
- We sing for the 11:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy every other week
- On alternate Sundays we rehearse from 7:00-8:30 p.m. in the church basement
- That’s a commitment of only 1 ½ hours per week
Help continue the centuries-old sacred choral tradition of our Church!
The Pastoral Council is a representative body of the parishioners of St. Josaphat Cathedral, whose purpose is to promote the mission of the Church. It is the main coordinating and unifying body of the parish and is responsible for overall parish pastoral development, formulating policies and procedures, and developing goals and objectives for presentation at the Annual General Meeting, and reviewing their implementation regularly.
The Pastoral Council fulfills its responsibilities by perceiving a particular pastoral need, studying it with prayer and dialogue, and proposing to the rector (pastor) and the parish a way to respond to that need.
Ukrainian Catholic Brotherhood of Canada (UCBC)
The St. Josaphat’s men group is a fellowship of men who seek to serve the church through an organized effort. This branch is part of Edmonton Eparchy of branches which belongs to our metropolitan group.
The mission of the Brotherhood is to Strengthen, Support, and Enrich the parish through Ukrainian Catholic faith in supporting and developing the religious and spiritual life of the parish.
For more than 82 years St. Josaphat UCBC branch we have actively pursued this mission and objective of faithful service through its aims:
- Catholic Religion: to further Catholic religion in the Byzantine rite, together with the priests to organize parishes and build churches, support church institutions, clubs, organizations, etc.
- Ukrainian Culture: organize and support Ukrainian schools, further the knowledge of the Ukrainian language, literature and music and all forms of art, further and support the Ukrainian Catholic press.
- Canadian Citizenship: become familiar with Canada, be its faithful and loyal citizens, strengthen spiritual growth and moral values of the Canadian life.
- Social Work: organize orphanages, old age homes, hospitals, summer camps, educational centers for youth, sports competitions; all this in the spirit of Christian justice and love.
Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League of Canada
The Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League of Canada is a vital and active part of St. Josaphat Cathedral. UCWLC is open to all women of the Parish. This organization offers spiritual, cultural, social and educational activities.
Meetings are held once a month from
September – June.
Club Activities include:
- Babka and Paska Sale
- Borsch and Bun Sale
- First Communicants Reception
- League Day (last Sunday of May)
- Baking Prosphora monthly
- Looking after Altar Linens
- Pastoral Care – ministering to the sick and elderly, by visiting them in hospitals and nursing homes.
Knights of Columbus
Fr. Dydyk Council No. 7511
The Knights are Catholic men committed to making their community a better place.
Being a Knight is more than camaraderie. It is:
- Being involved in your community
- Supporting your local Catholic Church
- Enhancing your own faith
- Protecting and enhancing family life
- Providing for the future of its members
We meet: The third Wednesday of every month.
Grand Knight – Greg Warwa