Catholic Spiritual Aims
Develop and enrich the religious and spiritual life in the parish thereby strengthening the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Canada.
In striving to achieve its spiritual aims the UCBC shall:
- commence all meetings, conventions and congresses with a prayer
- encourage frequent partaking of the Holy Sacraments
- hold corporate Holy Communion prior to the annual general meeting and on the obligatory feast day of St. Volodymyr
- encourage members to participate in missions
- promote religious publications and religious education.
In encouraging the promotion of an education in the Catholic faith and the Ukrainian rite, the UCBC shall
- establish religious classes for children, youth and adults
- organize training for teachers of catechism
- support programs sponsored for the purpose of fostering religious vocations and support those involved in them.
- support Catholic education and Ukrainian Catholic day schools.
Preserve, develop and perpetuate the Ukrainian language and culture to strengthen our identity.
In endeavouring to accomplish its cultural aims. the UCBC shall
- support the teaching of Ukrainian language, history and culture in day, evening and summer schools and encourage enrollment in such classes
- provide programs to encourage youth to appreciate and exemplify their Ukrainian heritage and to identify with the Ukrainian people
- enrich the cultural mosaic of Canada by integrating the achievements of Ukrainian arts
Strengthen the spiritual dimensions and moral values of Canadian life.
In attempting to strengthen the spiritual dimensions and moral values of Canadian life, the UCBC shall
- provide leadership qualities in its membership
- provide programs to inform members on civic, provincial and national issues
- indicate to the Ukrainian community the standards of good upbringing and education in concurrence with the teaching of the Ukrainian Catholic Church
- encourage Ukrainian Catholic men to enter the ranks of its organization
Initiate and support programs of charitable and social action which exemplify Christian ideals of justice and love.
For better social service and welfare, the UCBC shall
- organize help for the needy
- visit the sick and helpless in their homes and institutions charged with the caring of the sick and infirm
- strive for the protection of human rights
- support useful, worthy projects in the community
- in endeavouring to attain greater moral and spiritual benefits, as well as a higher standard of life for people in the world, the National Executive may join those organizations which would be accepted by the all-Canada Congress.