UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDING SERVICES
NOTE: there have been several updates and changes made by the Eparchy this past week (June 28, 2020):
- PRE-REGISTRATION. We ask that all parishioner once again pre-register their attendance for a Sunday Divine Liturgy by calling or emailing the parish office.
- MAIN ENTRANCE. Only the main doors are being used as an entrance at this time. If you require the use of the elevator, have someone notify the greeter. Please use hand sanitizer as you enter.
- SIGN-IN. The greeter will sign you in as you enter; in the absence of the greeter, sign-in yourself in the binder provided.
- Free masks donated by the government of Alberta will be available for pick-up in the vestibule next week.
- PRAYER BOOKS. Please remember to bring your Divine Liturgy book or Prayer Book to church, if you wish to follow along with printed text.
- Bulletins are available as you enter. They will be laid out on a table for pick-up or handed to you personally.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING. Every second pew has been roped off to maintain a physical distance of six feet. Families (households) may sit together without physical distancing.
- HOLY COMMUNION. Two priests will now be distributing Holy Communion at each Sunday Liturgy, using a mask or face shield. Please approach single file down the main aisle, maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet (2 meters). If you are sitting on the right side, approach the priest on the right. If you are sitting on the left side, approach the priest on the left. Use side aisles to return to your places.
- We need six volunteers to clean the church after each service. We ask volunteers to come to the south sacristy. Enter the sacristy one at a time to pick up a cloth and a bucket. Choose a section and begin cleaning from the back to the front. The two main rows should be done first.
- You may exist via the side south or north doors. Please do not use the main doors to exit the church.
- WEEK DAY LITURGIES – No pre-registration is required for Week Day liturgies only (you will have to pre-register for Saturday and Sunday). However, you will need to sign-in as you enter the Cathedral.
- LIVE-STREAMING – We will continue to live-stream services daily for those who cannot attend. Follow us on Facebook, YouTube, and Telus Optic TV channel 876.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
COVID-19 symptoms are similar to influenza and other respiratory illnesses. Symptoms can include: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat, and pink eye. If you have any of these symptoms stay home and self-isolate (even if symptoms are mild). Call Health Link at 8-1-1 for more information.
SELF ISOLATION. You are legally required to self isolate for:
- 14 days – if you returned from international travel or are in close contact of a person with COVID-19;
- 10 days – if you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition.
If you are self-isolating: Stay home—do not go to work, social events or any other public areas or community settings. Avoid close contact with other people, including household members. Do not use public transportation or ride sharing. Do not go for walks in public places. If you go outside, you must remain on private property not accessible by others. If you live in an apartment building or high-rise, you must stay inside and cannot use the elevators or stairwells. If your balcony is private and at least 2 metres away from other balconies, you may use your balcony to get fresh air.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
BULLETIN BY EMAIL – if you wish to receive a copy of the bulletin by email, please let us know by calling the parish office (780-422-3181) or send your email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
BEST WISHES – to all who celebrated their birthdays or anniversaries this past week, or will celebrate this upcoming week. May God bless you with peace, health, and happiness! Mnohaya Lita!!!
HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! – Our best wishes and God’s blessings and to Wilfred and Leona Prokop on the occasion of their 65th Wedding Anniversary. May God continue to bless you with peace, health, and salvation. Many Happy Years!
ADULT BIBLE STUDY – SALVATION HISTORY TIMELINE is being livestreamed from the Cathedral, every Wednesday at 7:00 PM. This Wednesday, Session 7, we will focus on the Story of Isaac (Genesis 23-36). Please read this chapters in preparation. Recordings of past sessions are available for viewing (see our webpage: TEACHINGS, SCRIPTURE, SALVATION HISTORY. The reading list is as follows:
Session 1: Genesis 1:1 to 2:4.
Session 2: Genesis 2:5-25.
Session 3: Genesis 3.
Session 4: Genesis 4 – 5.
Session 5: Genesis 6 – 11.
Session 6: Genesis 12 – 22.
Session 7: Genesis 23 – 36.
Session 8: Genesis 37 – 50.
Session 9: Exodus 1 – 14.
Session 10: Exodus 15 – 34.
Session 11: Exodus 25 – 31, 35 – 40.
Session 12: Numbers 1 – 19.
Session 13: Numbers 20 – 36.
Session 14: Joshua 1 – 24.
Session 15: Judges 1 – 21.
Session 16: 1 Samuel 1 – 17.
Session 17: 1 Samuel 18 – 31.
Session 18: 2 Samuel 1 – 12.
Session 19: 2 Samuel 13 – 31, I Kings 1 – 11.
Session 20: 1 Kings 12 – 23.
Session 21: 2 Kings 1 – 16.
Session 22: 2 Kings 17 – 24; Daniel 1 – 7.
Session 23: Ezra and Nehemiah.
Session 24: Maccabees I and II.
Session 25: Protoevangellium of James; Luke 1.
Session 26: Luke 2; Matthew 1 – 2.
Session 27: Mt 3 – 4; Lk 3 – 4; Jn 1 – 2.
Session 28: Matthew 5 – 7, 18 – 19.
Session 29: Luke 5 – 8; Matthew 8 – 11.
Session 30: Luke 9 – 13; Matthew 14 – 17.
Session 31: Luke 14 – 19; John 11 – 12.
Session 32: Luke 20 – 23; John 18 – 19.
Session 33: Lk 24; Jn 20 – 21; Mk 16; Mt 28.
Session 34: Acts 1 – 13:3.
Session 35: Revelation 1 – 6.
Session 36: Revelation 11 – 14.
Session 37: Revelation 19 – 22.
DIRECT DEPOSIT – is now available. You may have your church donations regularly transferred to the Cathedral on a monthly basis. If you are interested in beginning in August, please fill out a form and have it into the office no later than July 27, 2020. The form is available: 1. online at our website, 2. you may request one from the parish office, or 3. You may send an email addressed to Andrea Szabo with your request to email@example.com. All pre-authorized direct deposits are withdrawn on the first business day of each month to help defray the cost of processing fees for the Cathedral. To calculate your monthly donation amount, simply take your weekly donation and multiply it by 4. Thank you!